October 11, 2012

Put up your dukes. Fight! Fight! Fight!


It’s October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month... "Pinktober". 

I can’t even begin to fathom what kind of hell cancer fighters have been through and are going through. What challenges they face everyday, the obvious and not so obvious. So I ask, what can we do to support and acknowledge them? What is needed? What can we do to honor these women and those who have passed? I would love to hear what you do, your ideas and comments.

I also want to mention that the American Cancer Society estimates for 2012  about 2,190 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed in men, about 410 men will die from breast cancer.

To help in the fight, the education of early detection and prevention, and inspiring hope, I have in my Etsy shop three pink breast cancer awareness key chains/purse charms. I will donate 25% of the proceeds to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure fund. So put up your dukes and Fight! Fight! Fight! 

0 comments: